Whether you are going on a business trip, a long vacation, or simply want to take a weekend get away, renting a car is often a common choice that people make. The problem is that most people don't really stop to think about what they are doing when renting a car. Typically, they will usually go with the first car agency that they find at an airport, or they will simply choose one out of the phone book. There is a method to renting a car, and to ensuring that you get the best possible deal, and best of all it's not that difficult.
- Plan your trip. The very first thing that you will need to do in regards to renting a car is to actually plan out your trip. This will allow you to know when you will need to pick up your car, and when you will need to drop it off, as well as where you will be doing both. Keep in mind when you are doing this that depending on your trip you will need to return the car in a different location than where you picked it up at.
- Decide on the type of car. While you are planning your tip you need to also think about the type of car you need. Keep in mind that there is a difference between want and need, and you should always go with the one that you need. The reason for this is that the smaller the car you want to rent, then typically the lower the rate you will be charged.
- Look around. With your plans firmly in hand, begin making a list of the different agencies you could rent from. There are several different places that you can look, and you should look into all of them to ensure that you get a complete list. You can look online, in the phone book, and also by talking to your friends and family. If at all possible, look online as much as possible and get rough ideas of what the different rates are for what you will need. Write all of this information down.
- Actually call the agencies. After you have done a bit of looking around, begin calling the agencies themselves. This will allow you to get a feel for their customer services, as well as what they have.
- Conduct an interview. When you talk to the various agencies, look at what you are doing as an interview process. This is your opportunity to figure out what their policies are, how much the rates are set in stone, and if they will even have the specific type of car you want available on the days that you want them. It may be helpful to have a prepared list of questions to ask, as well as paper and a pen to write the answers down. It is also a good idea to write down the name of the person you talk to for later reference. Do not make a final decision until you have worked through all of your options.
- Make your choice. Once you have finished talking to all the various agencies, go through the notes that you have made. Compare them, and make your final decision as to which one will best suit your needs.
Whether you are going on a long business trip, or simply a weekend getaway a car rental can be a huge help. Not only will ...
Anyone that has ever gone on a road trip, particularly long ones, with children has probably heard the old refrain 'Are ...
Part of driving safely is learning the best way to handle driving in all situations, including braking. By learning how ...